Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Case of the Disappearing Paul

A strange turn of events has led to everything official "Paul" (no - not the new Simon Pegg / Nick Frost film) being removed from the Internet. The www.pauldraper.net site is now a blank page and the forum at www.pauldraper-music.co.uk has been taken down at Paul's request. Paul has also removed his Twitter page.

There are competing theories about why this is... here are the top 4


  1. Paul is removing himself from public life. To me it would be a little strange to do it this way. I personally think Paul has more respect for his fans than just disappearing without a goodbye. But he has left Twitter....
  2. Paul is getting ready to launch his solo career. An update to his main site would do this - so I don't know why he would remove his Twitter account to do this. As amuso says on the www.pauldraper-music.co.uk forum - dead sites = bad sites.
  3. Paul is getting ready to announce a Mansun reunion. Highly unlikely - at least with the original lineup. I can but wish he'll announce he's back working with Chad, Andie and a new bass player....
  4. Paul is getting ready to announce a new band. To me this sounds more likely than 1,3 and even 2. He might just want to remove the idea of solo material from the fans.  
In the end - only a few people know the reasons, and I'm afraid I'm not one of them. I will try and find out as much as I can and report back. 

Here's to keeping our collective fingers crossed that this might mean some new music in one form or another....